Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 38 - Norwalk to Brecksville

Refreshingly cool this morning. On the road by 7:00. Out Rte 20 and turn off to local 303 about 10 miles out.

Almost stopped to put on my wind jacket.

Hwy 303 was great. Early on curvy, rolling hills, really rustic. Opens up to crop fields. Not much traffic; good pavement, and great riding.

I'm cruising along feeling safe and comfortable. A local truck-driver who I talk to to confirm routes tells me to be careful - "this road is a death-trap". It's all perspective !!

All too soon I have to turn off to Hwy 57 ( lots more traffic ), and then on to Hwy 82 to Strongvillle for an extended stop.

A guy at the Starbucks tells me about the great bike paths in the area, so I decide to take a bike path loop around 82 and back into Brecksville. First good hills in a while.

I'm at Dennis' (HS friend) and Rose's house by 3:00. Great conversation with Rose (first time I've met her), and Dennis is home about 5:00. Only 2nd or 3rd time we've connected in person since HS. Great catch-up; good laughs; good dinner in Brecksville.

Lots and lots of bike paths in the Cleveland - Akron area. Dennis and I stop off at the National Park where a tow path from Cleveland to Akron has been converted to bike path; and there's a commuter train also.

Pic below is their house.

No comments:

Post a Comment