Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 31 - Monroe to East Troy

Up before the alarm clock sounds, so pack up, have breakfast at hotel, and head on down the road.

First 40 miles is perfection. Cooler, overcast, rolling farmland, little traffic. I cruise thru Brodhead - yet another small town that feels vibrant and alive. The pic below with the purplish looking house is in Brodhead - there are many nicely restored old homes.

As I ride out of Brodhead the wind really picks up out of the NE - the direction in which I am going. Of course. 15 - 20 MPH.

Into Janesvillle early, so have a long break at a bakery / coffee shop, Meet Maren; she is a student at Beloit; she gives me her stepfathers contact info in Milwaukee. He is a bike fanatic and working on a Phd that is related to bicycle mechanics. Good contact to have !!

As I leave Janesville the clouds have cleared; it is getting hot again, but only gets to about 90 today.

Janesville to East Troy is arduous due to the wind.

East Troy is also a really nice town. Smaller than Monroe, and similar in that the storefronts are situated around a Park on all 4 sides. Also, many beautiful houses with intricate molding.

My first B&B experience of the trip. The pic with the bike in it is the B&B. Really nice home both inside and out.

I've included some corn and soybean pics as a reminder that I am still in corn country. Also a dried out meadow - crops and lawns seem to be progressively browner as I head East.

Brick house pic is from back down the road in Troy - much smaller than East Troy.

Tomorrow to Milwaukee !!

Frank
frank@projmgr.com


No comments:

Post a Comment