Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 27 - Sac City to Webster City

Not much to report on today.

Had breakfast at the diner across from the motel - nice conversation with 5 guys pushing my age about farming and biking. I had a lot of questions and they had a lot of questions.

Down old Route 20 to Rockwell City for a break at 20; continue on old Rte 20 for another 20 and take a side of the road break before getting on new Route 20 for 28 miles into Webster City. New Route 20 is essentially an Interstate - not fun.

The single picture below says it all. Seriously, 68 miles of corn; very small undulations; not sure if I ever shifted.

Hot - 94 when I stopped shortly after noon.

It was nice to pedal at a good pace over a long distance without pushing.

NO NEW ROUTE 20 TOMORROW !!

The motel owner helped me plan out a route to Waterloo that stays on secondary roads - a few extra miles I suppose.

Frank
frank@projmgr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment