Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 9 - Payette to Boise

Quite a straightforward day - on the road about 7:00 - flat ride to Emmett - turn South on Hwy 16 and head to Boise.

Very slightly uphill to Emmitt, and below a picture of the road grade up and over the Payette Valley - over Freezeout Hill.

Once out of the Valley it is an easy run to Boise - missing the remote roads as I cruise past strip mall haven - first thru Eagle and then into Boise.

Boise is nice - seems like a real outdoorsy city. Not sure how to spend a rest day here without a car - so I'll move on down the road tomorrow to Glenn's Ferry.

Checking on directions in Emmitt I meet Cathy Ballard, whose family is from
St J.; at dinner in Boise I sit next to a couple from Hinesburg who are on their way to a 2 week rafting trip on the Snake River.

Small world. How did Cathy know I was from Boston?? I know I lost that accent years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment