Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 10 B - Boise to Glenn's Ferry

Back over the Summit I take no chances and follow Hwy 21 back to I-84 / 20 / 30 intersection.

Had not planned on getting back on I-84 again, but I'm 2 1/2 hours behind my planned schedule. So I jump on the on-ramp and cruise the 40 miles to Mountain Home in just over 2 hours; feel strong and have a great tailwind. No pics on this segment.

Stop in Mountain Home to assess my prospects of getting to Glenns Ferry.

What a difference a milk shake makes. After discussing routes with Linda at the ice cream store I head down the Old Oregon Trail back road.

Good decision. Hay fields multiple miles long; mesas across the Snake River; looooong trains. And pretty flat.

Thru Hammett and into Glenn's Ferry.

110 miles! We'll see what tomorrow brings. Planning back roads to Twin Falls - 66 miles, hilly, and a 5 MPH headwind predicted.

I'm thinking leave a little later and practice the tortoise thing for Teton Pass.

Not giving up on the exploratory approach. The Summit was fabulous, and the Mt Home to GF ride was worth the memories.

Check out the pen / soap comparison. For 38.00 bucks I guess I can't complain.

2 comments:

  1. Your going to wish you could take a picture of nothing pretty soon as you go over Teton pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't be an adventure if you didn't get lost at least once. Should have stoped to get your bearings straight :)

    ReplyDelete