Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 47 - Peterboro to Rye Beach

Out of Little River B&B at 6:30 for the climb over Temple Mountain.

And then a nice cruise thru Wilton and Amherst.

Getting around and thru Mamchester is a little hectic. A little anxious as I find myself on a 4 lane highway with entrance and exit ramps to Rtes 3 and 293.

Jump back on to Rte 101 East of Manchester, and really flying to the coast.....

..... until I hear a brief siren beep and the state police cruiser pulls me over.

No bikes allowed on this section of 101.

Off to Raymond and back roads thru Exeter to the Atlantic.

As I roll thru Rye and see the Atlantic I am overcome with emotion. Hard to believe that I made it.

Kathy and Brendan meet me at Rye Beach. Ceremonial picture; smelly riding shirt and shoes off; into the Ocean.

Up to Maine for Fried Clams; final end of day milk shake.

What a trip. Long lasting memories of all of you who welcomed me into your homes, provided directions, engaged in great conversation, and provided guidance on the best things to see and roads to ride thru this great country. So many great memories !! So many great people !!

I will be in touch with you soon.

The End !!

Frank
frank@projmgr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment